SMALL SHEAR ENGINE MOUNT
FLEXIBLE ENGINE MOUNTINGS
• Capacity 30 - 2000 lbs per mount
• Good vibration isolation
• Fail safe design
• Will withstand roll over test
• Competitively priced
• Wide range of sizes
• Accepts propeller thrust
• Slotted holes to assist alignment
• Height adjusting to simplify alignment
Maximum clearance between the underside of the height adjusting nut and top washer must not be more than 10mm.
If more height is required use a spacer under the mounting casting. This applies to all mountings in the R & D Marine Range.
HOW TO SELECT
1. Engine type, number of cylinders
2. Type of gearbox and reduction ratio
3. Weight of engine and gearbox combined by weighing or manufacturers literature
4. Is flywheel in conventional place between the engine and gearbox?
5. Position of engine mounting points
6. Find centre of gravity by balancing on a roller, if possible, (see above diagram)
7. If centre of gravity cannot be found, assume weight distribution of 60% on rear mounts, with 40% on front mounts (if rear mount is in line with the flywheel)
SMALL SHEAR LOADED MOUNTING
Low height giving good vibration isolation. 12mm Stud.
Mount Pre-loaded: 1.8mm (0.07")
Deflection: 1.8 - 3.4mm (0.07 - 0.14")
Height adjusting nut thickness: 10mm (0.39")
Maximum height: 99mm (3.9")
|Part No||Capacity per mount|